Friday, September 26, 2008

Wednesday in Sydney

Well Wednesday was a bit of an overwhelming day for me so I basically went to sleep afterwards. Basically we had an orientation session that lasted for about 3 hours. We learned about Australia and what kind of things there are to do here. We learned about housing, jobs, social events, not to touch box jellyfish, and about a surf camp. The surf camp is what I really remember from it, because I really want to do it! It sounds like a lot of fun. I have to pay around $500 for a week of lessons, but that's the fixed rate. Everything along with housing and food is provided for. So I am definitely considering it. Some people back home told me that I should learn to surf, so I might as well use that opportunity!

So afterwards I spent nearly 2 hours on the fancy iMacs they have at the IEP office, just browsing around and looking for a job and fixing my resume up. During this time my sister left to get her bank card, but when I went back to the hostel to meet her she wasn't there yet. So I waited for a long time (until about 8pm) and she finally showed up and said she met some friends and had dinner with them. It's amazing how fast this girl can make friends... so far I haven't made any yet. My withdrawn and introverted nature prevents me from reaching out. Hopefully that will change once I am forced to meet people, because tonight is the SCUBAR event with IEP so I may have to force myself to talk to people.

So I had another 12-hour sleep, I think I have no excuses about jetlag anymore. And oh yeah I missed out on my chance to see Street Fighter IV, but I'm hoping that will come up soon enough.

So long then, I'll keep reporting as long as internet is available to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment