Sunday, September 28, 2008

Friday Adventures

Well it seems my sister is collecting a bunch of friends. I feel silly now with no friends of my own and tagging along with her. I feel vibes of being an unwanted party member. Friday I went to Manly Beach with my sister and her friends. We took a city train to Circular Quay and then bought tickets for the Ferry. The big one wasn't in service, so we took a smaller boat over there. The Sydney Opera House is really beautiful. I've only obviously ever seen it on pictures, but it seems a lot more symmetrical in real life. The white tiles that make up the large triangular sections are actually more apparent up close.

When we got to Manly we had to walk a bit to the beach. Everyone who was young was wearing swimmers and thongs, that's just how it is here! Turns out the high school kids' last day before a 2-week break was that day, so they were out in full force. The young kids hair styles are very interesting around here, they're big on the rat tails and spiky hair dos. Kids were playing rugby on the beach and a lot of them were a couple hundred feet out in the water letting huge waves hit them. The sky was blue as blue gets and so was the water. Just a really beautiful day and a nice breeze as well. Some lifeguards whistled a bit because they were afraid some people were getting too far out. You're only supposed to swim between red and yellow striped flags.

We went back to Sydney around 2pm. While my sister and her friend were getting some groceries, I waited outside on a bench. Two guys sitting next to me started to talk to me, asking me if you think they're going to win. I was confused and then they mentioned my shirt. It turns out my American Eagle shirt was very similar to the Manly-Warrinagh Sea Eagles shirt. So it was a bit of a funny convo because I know nothing about sports. Turns out they are from 'all over the place', and not Australia at all. They warned me of Australian women. Three will approach you on a night out; one will wrap herself around you and start to flirt, another one will embrace and kiss you and make you feel special, while the third one will take your wallet. Very interesting advice.

So we got on a bigger boat on the way back, and we sat on the top deck outside. Lots of tourists obviously, and once we got around the bend and saw the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Opera House, they all crowded up on the deck and started taking photographs, blocking my spectacular view. Oh well, I figure I'm here long enough so I can experience this all again, potentially.

Today I also realized my Canadian Permanent Resident card runs out BEFORE I am scheduled to leave the country. Very very interesting. I'm not sure what I will do about that.

See ya'll later and thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment