Sunday, November 16, 2008

Are we Human or are we Dancer?

That is the question. I would say I'm more human than dancer, as I feel rather awkward and weird when I'm dancing. It's a good feeling to acknowledge that. I'm a little upset that The Killers will release this song on Guitar Hero World Tour and not on Rock Band (yet?), but that's fine... I plan to enjoy it regardless. These guys never cease to amaze me with their talent.

So last week I got my mail and discovered a huge amount of bills.... what else is new? $1800 CAD on the credit card and rising! Woohoo! I also got my contract I signed (apparently), that says I will be working at this company until April. Now here is the dilemma: my return ticket to Canada is for February 7th. Here is the other dilemma: my Permanent Resident status expires on February 5th. So I will have some fun with the Canadian Embassy, Bon Voyage Insurance, United Airlines, and others in the next little while sorting all these little details out.

I figure these are my choices:

1) Stay here until the end of May.

This gives me the option of traveling around in May after my job ends in April using some of the money I saved up during said job. The problem lies in the fact that I will still have to pay car insurance, Rogers phone, and my storage space where I have all my stuff for 4 extra months, which wasn't in the original plan. Of course I will have money to cover these things but they are expenses I don't necessarily want to be paying. Also my beloved USENET account is being used by my brother and I'm sure he doesn't even use it for half of the things I used it for

2) Change my ticket to the end of January.

This would be my easiest option. It's around $150 CAD to do this thru United Airlines. It will also be the most hassle-free option, because I won't need to get my permanent resident card extended and will avoid all the necessary paperwork. I will also get to see my friends and family back home much sooner, and use all the aforementioned expenses appropriately. The disadvantage is of course I will come home to piles of snow and with less money in pocket. I will probably quit the job at the end of December for the holidays, travel to my cousins and aunt/uncle's place in Adelaide for a couple weeks, and then high-tail it back out of here in time for LOST to begin, which I'm eagerly anticipating.

So both options have good and bad sides to them, and I'm really stuck in the middle. If anyone could give me suggestions that would be appreciated.

Also my 'cousin' back home just had her first baby, Lydia! Congrats Esther & Chris! I have to admit I didn't even see her while she was pregnant because I had moved out of Toronto by then, and missed all the dramas with her and her sister-in-law and such, who's house I was living in the basement of.... which is now Esther's house... I think? I'm so confused since I'm so out of touch. Well that is cool when friends have kids, repopulating our empty planet.

So I also have been looking at new places to live, and did on Wednesday. The place is too far though, it's the same distance as this one (1 1/2 hours to work), but from the other direction. So I think I'll pass on it even though the girl is super nice and the place looks really good. She was concerned as well that I'd be too isolated and away from all the city fun. She may be right.

Well that's it for me for this entry... see you all next time!

Joram "Not Jerome" Nowak

No comments:

Post a Comment