Friday, October 3, 2008

Settling in... or not?

Well a couple days have gone by and I am still sending my resume and cover letter to companies all over the place. I am still too proud to take a restaurant job or something like that but as I said in the past, I may have to put that pride aside (hey that rhymes), and start making some dough soon or else things will be bad!

Last night I went to the Sidebar, which is another backpacker bar. There are a lot of them around here, so you meet all kinds of internationals in them. Of course, I just grabbed a Toohey's beer and sat around not talking to anyone, which is my typical style. I did meet up with a girl I had met last week, and we talked for a while about our lives. That was interesting because we had to talk over the loud music (which was live and pretty darn good, I must say). When it came to around 12am I had to say my goodbyes as I was looking for my sister.

I found her with her friends playing pool, and she told me our cousin Dave had messaged her. I thought it was strange this time of night for a family man of 3 kids to be messaging people, but he's a different bloke he is. SOoooo I messaged him too and we soon got into an interesting conversation. He told me to stay away from 'fat Kiwi chicks', and to try a swampie. So I went up to the bar and asked for one, but the bartender didn't know what it was. So I had to explain to him what it was. Kinda funny.

So again after like 5 bears, a rum&coke, and this swampie thing, I went home with my sister this time, not alone. I hope I didn't say anything stupid. I'm not really the type of person that goes to bars a lot, so i'm a bit out of my element. I don't know how to aproach girls and start making out with them or anything like that, so I will never fit in in that sense. Maybe I'm just too old.

Either way, I'm still stressed about not having a job but I gotta say it's my own fault for not trying hard enough and limiting my options like I am. Tomorrow I have a meeting at a recruitment agency so hopefully something will come of that.

I also went shopping already, and discovered a huge mall. It's pretty much the same as our malls but it is taller than it is wider, with about 5 or 6 floors. And instead of escalators to go up they have slanted walkways, like the kinds they have at airports. So less chances of your shoelaces getting stuck. I also noticed ATM machines here are WAY FASTER than ours back home. Instant access to my ever-shrinking bank account: great success!

I'm not sure what I'll do for the rest of the day, as it's only about 5PM here, but I may just chillax, even though I can't afford to sit idly by as my money is being used up. I just hope things will get better soon, because it's hard to enjoy this city without a solid income to back you up. It's an expensive tourist town, so I shouldn't have expected any less.

Well see ya'll later, and thanks for reading.

Out and About
_joRAM

No comments:

Post a Comment