Monday, October 13, 2008

I am a complete failure

Well today I wanted to go to Hillsong Church. I got up at about 8am, sat in bed until 8:45, then got ready in the bathroom. I left the house at 9:00am exactly. As I walked to Central Station I was worried I wouldn't make it in time for my 9:21 departure time. Luckily I got there by 9:15 and bought my ticket for $6.80 (round trip). They offer free bus trips from two different stations. Unfortunately, the ticket i bought didn't say which platform it took off from, so I was searching around frantically for 10 minutes trying to find the right train. I missed my train by 5 minutes, and the next one left at 9:35. So I took that one anyway. When I got to Parrammeta station, I debated getting out because one of the buses leaves from there. But I didn't get out. To my dismay I saw the bus was still waiting there (I knew it was the bus because it had some slogan written on the side, something about God wanting to get to know you). So I stayed in the train until Black Town Station, where the other bus had left already at 10:00am. When I got there I realized there were buses and taxis there that could potentially take me to Hillsong, but I was too scared to talk to people and ask them, and instead wandered into the mall and bought me some Hungry Jacks (Burger King).

After that I just went back home.

So that is my story of how I failed to go to church.

I will try again next week, this time I know where the train takes off and maybe I'll go earlier as well.

_J

No comments:

Post a Comment