Monday, October 20, 2008

I am still a failure but a little less of one

So Friday was my first day of working in Australia. It was just as I had imagined it, so no complaints there. The drawings system at this company is not really organized, so I will have to talk to my supervisor on Monday to sort things out. I just hate waking up at 5:30 in the morning to get to this place... it's not fun at all, especially when the walls are so thin in my room and I have no earplugs. But I will keep at it and try my best, I am on a 2 week trial period so we shall see what happens.

Today I actually managed to get to Hillsong Church, like I had tried last week. The bus was pretty packed and there were even some Canadian backpackers on the bus. Of course I didn't talk to them cause again I was too scared. The bus ride took half an hour and I looked outside at the upscale houses... this was just suburbia like nobody's business. When we got to the church I was a bit disappointed; it was much smaller than I had imagined. I'm sure it seats a lot of people but it was just so compact. It had some nice digital equipment though, and 3 big screens at the front of the podium. They had some pretty cool effects happening during the worship service, and yes they had HD cameras. Nice to see a church so up to speed in technology. They even have their service linked via satellite to other ones in the vicinity. It reminded me a bit of Meeting House, except the witty & charming Bruxy Cavey was nowhere to be seen! Anyway, I went out of there talking to nobody, cause that is my style, and went back home on the train.

I don't know about church anymore if I'm going to go regularly or not. There is one closer to me in the city, I will try it out next week. Because this particular one is way out in the suburbs and takes me forever to get there. The main purpose is because I want to meet some people... the whole God/Jesus thing will sort itself out afterwards. I'm still struggling to understand how religion fits into my life, if it should at all. I often stand in church wondering why everyone is raising their hands and getting all into it when I just stand there feeling all empty, lonely, and depressed. Anyway, I will probably write another blog once something else interesting happens.

_J

No comments:

Post a Comment