Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Strange Dreams...

Ok so I'm not ready yet to stop blogging in Australia... I just needed to write these dreams down before I forget them.

The first dream happened when I was Esther and Mark's house. I couldn't sleep because I had a bad stomach ache (which I had on and off the whole 2 weeks I was in Adelaide). I was tossing and turning in the bed and finally found a position to sleep in. But then the dream occured. Basically these tentacle-like metalic arms started to spring forth from beneath the bed. There were maybe ten to fifteen arms, all different lengths, sort of robotic arms. Instead of arms at the end, they had saucers with coffee in them. All of them were slowly whirling and extending and retracting around me, offering me the coffee. But I had had so much coffee in Adelaide that I was sick of it. I screamed and flailed pushing the arms and cups away from me, and so the cups and saucers smashed as they hit the floor. But the arms kept persisting, producing forth new coffee with new saucers and cups. "NO MORE NO MORE" I yelled, and then I woke up.

The second dream I had a few days ago. This one was a bit gruesome. It is twilight. I am out in a farmer's field, playing my PSP. The farmer's son keeps being distracted from this work to come watch me play. It is nearing the end of the workday so he instists he wants to watch me, but his father keeps pulling him back. They are working on skinning a cow. The odd thing is though that it is still alive. It has no head, and the legs are shopped off. So it looks like a big hunk of meat, but it is still alive because it is breathing. The meat on the bones heaves up and down and a weird sound is coming from the skinned animal. Suddenly it runs towards me. They are about 200 meters away but this hunk of meat is running at me. So the farmer and his son shoot it full of arrows right before it gets to me. The bloodied pulp has stopped advancing but it it's still breathing somehow. I beat it to submission with a large club until it stops moving entirely, all the while it's making these awful noises, like a strange mooing sound. I awoke from this dream at this point at about 3am.

The last dream I had was last night. I am back in Waterloo near my dad's work. It's sort of rainy and foggy out. I am circling around outside Conestoga Mall, near King Street. I have two large wagon wheels from an old Conestoga Wagon slung around one shoulder. The other shoulder I have nothing on. No idea why I'm not spreading the weight out, but I digress. People make fun of me for this strange, random task I am performing. I am also crossing the street from one end to the other and cars pass by me and honk their horns. On one of these rounds I pass a man that looks vaguelly familiar. He speaks Czech to me, so he must know that I can understand the language a bit. Perhaps he is an associate of my father's. He tells me that he'll see me soon and that him and my father are going to have steak at the restaurant in the mall. This is all I can remember from this dream, but I'm pretty sure I didn't know the man at all.

So that's basically all I have to write this time. I am slowly starting to come to grips with the fact I am only at this job for 3 more days. I am starting to think of places to go at the Sunshine Coast. Perhaps Frasier Island.

So it keep it REALS ya'lls, and maybe lay down some interpretations or suggestions.

Ciao

_J

No comments:

Post a Comment