Thursday, January 22, 2009

Jobless, carless, homeless, loveless, careless, brainless, christless...

Well it's over. Last night I got the call that they wouldn't be needing me here anymore. It's kind of fitting though because I was getting frustrated here. The warm weather and beaches and so on is nice and all, but it means nothing to me if I can't come home to something good. Of course the argument can be made that I should just be outside all the time and only come home to eat and sleep. But I'm just not that sort of person.

Next week will be my last week here, and it's a shortened week as well, since it's Australia Day on Monday. I am also going to start doing some touristy things now, starting off with a Harbour Bridge Climb on Saturday. I might go visit some people too but not sure anymore if I want to travel too far anymore. I've had it up to here with it. I just need my movies and videogames and mass-downloading back. 4 months without them is just too long. Deja-vu is setting in now too because this is how I was feeling in my last week in Germany 5+ years ago. Basically what I'm saying is that I'm a computer geek for life, and going to another country isn't going to change anything about me.

Other than that I don't have much else to say. They actually gave me a lot of work to do now but what's the point, right at the end? What's funny is they did this to me in Germany as well, giving me heaps of work in my last 2 weeks there. Funny how the situation just mirrors itself so well. Also, having to take public transport. Even though my car is finished I will get a new one soon and be on my feet (or wheels) before you know it.

The only thing I'm dreading is the knee-high snow and the -20° weather. That will not be fun. Hopefully my friends picking me up at the airport will bring me some proper winter clothing or else it will be quite interesting.

This may be my last post from Australia because I don't have much access to the internet outside of work. But anyway thanks to those that listened and responded and I suppose I'll see you all again soon.

Cheers

_Joram

No comments:

Post a Comment