Tuesday, June 24, 2003

Well another week has gone by...

...And there is seriously nothing interesting to tell. The truth is, there is always less and less to tell in these updates, and I'm getting tired of them. I will probably not buy a digital camera to get pictures, unless there is a good deal somewhere.

If there isn't an update here in a long time it means I either got bored or lost iinternet access. I know it looks really GHETTO right now, but there are links on the left so you can read whatever date you want, and my email's there too.

I wanted to apologize to the readers of my previous entries if they were somewhat exteremely negative or offensive. I just wanted to let out some steam, so I did it. Maybe I regret writing some things down, but the fact remains that I don't like it here very much at all.

Things have improved, though. I took the username/password of the public access internet computer at work, and applied them to the PC I do my work on. Voila! Instant Internet access. And I finally activated MS-OfficeXP, which only had about 10 days left or so. So I've been catching up on my surfing now ;-) Unfortunately, the Network Admin has locked out lots of stuff, namely Kazaa, Emule/Edonkey, mIRC, FTP, etc. It's terrible not having access to stuff, but I got around some things. The FTP issue has been solved by using an HTTP FTP service, which is luckily free.

I am still kind of stretching out my work that I got from the first day! I am adding new stuff to the help file and making sure everything matches up when I compare it to the WordDoc help. So far they are almost exactly the same, except I gotta add some more stuff to the Word Doc. I even wrote a list up of ideas of things to do, and I think the stuff I came up with is good for taking up time. But I will concentrate on getting everything done that's necessary first, and then later on add the extra things if they still haven't found new work for me to do.

As far as non-work stuff goes, my mom and my youngest brother came on saturday and Tommy's been bothering me since he first saw me. It's just like old times, except I'm in no mood for games these days. So I played a little game and locked him in my room. That scared him straight and now he leaves me alone. But he'll be back to torment me again soon, I know it. Soon my dad and my sister will join them and then 5 of us will be here in Germany for a while, at least in July.

I've been able to track down some things that I thought were not in Germany. These include peanut butter, Pringles, Subway (which I mentioned earlier), and water. They are a little hard to track down but they are there. My sister also sent me some tasty toffee treats, that'll last me for a week or so. Thanks for that btw, sissy. The water was actually there the whole time, it's still called "Mineral Water", except the label says "without carbon dioxide". Then it tastes like really good spring water! So now I take 2 water bottles to work every day, and that's GTHBA. So it's not all that bad anymore in the drink aspect of things.

I think I am starting to accept my doom here more than I used to. After reading some emails, I realized my having a job at all makes me fortunate. So I will make the best of the situation and try to find more work to do around here, once I stop being such a pansy.

It has been really hot the last few weeks without hardly any rain at all. I come home sweating like crazy every day. Here is where a shower would come in handy, but no, grandparents only have a bathtub. So it's a little awkward. When I was at my Aunt and Uncle's, I showered twice every day!

Today I met a guy at work who is part american and part german. I have seen him around the office a lot but never actually talked to him. I was shocked when he suddenly spoke perfect English to me with no trace of German accent at all! But he speaks really good American AND German, where I speak good Canadian and passable German. He is from Pennsylvania, but I can't remember his name. :-P There is a guy here from Australia as well, we get along pretty good, and speak English all the time. His name's Kristian. He's a pretty quiet type guy, and I can't understand him sometimes, but it's all cool. I need to keep speaking English or I'll come back to Canada with a screwed up accent.

I enjoy surfing the net and I hope that they won't take it away from me. It's almost like old times of summers gone by, accept for the fact that I can't access mass-downloading software networks. Oh well, I'll be sure to catch up on my DivX, Isos and mp3s when I get back.

Well June is almost over and it seems I've lived through almost 2 months. It's kind of crazy if you think about it. I hope the next two months will prove interesting rather than boring, but at least with Internet I'll be able to live through it no matter how it turns out.

-joramee out

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha it's funny reading these old blogs of mine, I get a kick out of it. I got -really- angry when I was in Germany, at myself, at people around me. I became depressed and only really loud music like Rage Against the Machine could calm me down. My next Europe trip I approached with more of a positive attitude, took at least a couple pictures, and tried to make some friends. Even though I had 4 months last time and the next time I only had 10 days, it was a good chance to make up for time wasted.

    But I'm not sure I have learned much; because I'm still pretty much the same guy... I sit at the computer or tv 24/7 and hardly ever go out. And when I do, I feel so uncomfortable I just -gotta- get out of there ASAP. So what I'm trying to say is I'm trying to learn to be social, but I learned a long time ago that's up to the individual, and nobody's going to hand-hold you through life.

    And I do also realize that my internet blabbing makes up for my silence in real life. When you meet me face to face I have nothing to say, but here I just can't shut up. Strange, innit?

    -j

    ReplyDelete